My Doll Diary

Daily thoughts of an avid doll collector.

Thursday, December 02, 2021

Seeing the World through Rose Colored Glasses

Hi!  Back again!  It’s Barbie Advent Calendar Day #2.  Let’s see what’s in store for us today.  I have to admit it took awhile for me to find #2 but eventually I did!  😂


What is behind door #2?  Why it is a pair of sunglasses!  I kind of suspected this would be the prize for today since they go so well with the swimsuit.

I think I got these glasses before in a Barbie fashion pack, but on second thought I believe they were round lenses with flower petals around them and not hearts.  But who knows, I may have got these heart ones at some point too.  Hard to keep track.  In the past few years since more of these accessories have been designed by computer it’s opened the door for so many variations.  Back in the day, accessories like purses, glasses, and shoes were pretty basic designs and just in different colors.  Now a vast array is available for us.  But I digress.  Here is Barbie wearing her new sunglasses.



Excited now to see what tomorrow’s prize will be!

So, more Dolly News, I found out that the 3rd doll in the Barbie Style Series came out today.  Rumor was it wouldn’t be available until February.  But somehow the ship must have sailed in and dropped them off.  Unfortunately I already used my $30 quarterly award and can’t get her now unless I want to pay full price for her which is $100.  Darn!  I will just have to wait until January to get her.  I am not too worried about her being out of stock because I have seen comments that people find her wardrobe boring.  Plus the other two dolls are easily available on Amazon.  Don’t think I will have an issue getting her.


I am going to try to lay low on doll purchases in the new year.  I have been spending too much lately and need to scale back and play with what I have.  Of course I say this every year and still end up with more stuff.  I promise next year is the year I really cut back!  LOL!

More on my recent doll purchases tomorrow.  I will leave you for now.  Any guesses for Day #3 on the calendar.  I’m thinking maybe beach bag but not sure! We’ll find out soon!

~Maria



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home