My Doll Diary

Daily thoughts of an avid doll collector.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ten Years! Wow!

O.K. Saying, "Where did the time go?" is understatement here. I just realized that I started this blog almost exactly 10 years ago this month. Also, my second post referenced a blizzard and we just had a blizzard this week. So deja vu! (Hey, isn't that a doll? LOL!)

What has changed in 10 years? Seems like not much. In fact I remember starting this blog like it was yesterday. In fact I also remember starting my Doll Memories website like it was yesterday and that was 14 years ago this month! I'm typing this entry on a laptop in my bedroom. Ten years ago I thought I had too many dolls. As I look around at the many dolls that I have currently displayed in my bedroom, aside from my two Cabbage Patch dolls which I purchased 30 years ago, I don't think I owned any of them 10 years ago. Honestly, I didn't think it was possible to accumulate more dolls, but apparently I managed to find a way to do so!

Sigh...sometimes I honestly seem overwhelmed by my collection. I dream of picking out my most favorite dolls and putting everything else away. Then after a year of putting everything away, I dream of getting rid of it all!

But honestly, I know that will never happen. The best I can hope for is to sell those dolls I really don't like or do anything with, and STOP BUYING NEW DOLLS! My husband has done extremely well with not buying many new things. He was an avid comic book, action figure, and sports card collector. He has made a complete turn around after hitting rock bottom in 2013. I really thought I hit rock bottom when I spent $1,777.00 at the Tonner Factory Sale back in December 2011. I still keep the receipt in my wallet to remind me how bad I was. My doll collector friends say I changed after that time and really cut back on buying new things. Hmmmmm...I guess, but I know I can do MUCH better. I'll keep trying!

So my goal this year is to really play with the things that I have and not keep looking for the next best thing. I can honestly say that I have taken out many of my older dolls over the past month and have played with them. I have bought some new things too, so I can't say I've been 100% good. As I said, I'll keep trying.

Enough ramblings about my bad doll habits and plans to be better! What I really want to say is that I hope to be back more to update you on my dolly thoughts, musings, and playtimes. I'm sure many of you can relate, and I think maybe writing things down will help me realize how CRAZY this all is and help curb my bad habits. Let's hope it doesn't make it worse! :-)

See you soon!

Maria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home