My Doll Diary

Daily thoughts of an avid doll collector.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finally back again!

Wow!  I can't believe that its been almost 5 years since I posted to this blog!  Not that I really posted much when I started it, but I did have good intentions.

It would be difficult to give a detailed update on the past 5 years.  Instead, I'll post a quick summary. 

Yes, I am still a doll collector.  That fact definitely hasn't changed.

I'm also pleased to report that I did eventually locate the elusive doll pattern listed in my last post.  Did I make the outfits in the pattern?  Well, not exactly.  I did start making the bridal gown, but I never finished.  The pattern is now locked in a fireproof safe in my house.  Also, I can now see why previous owners never made a copy.  It was printed on a large sheet of paper which was folded.  Similar to instructions found in sewing patterns. Very difficult to duplicate on 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper.

Other than that, I'm still buying new dolls and trying to track both the old and new ones on my website.  Of course, I'm still way behind with my updates, but I'm trying.

Anyway, I'm back on this blog now and my plan is to continue with my daily doll collecting thoughts.  Most of you will probably find them pretty boring, but there might be some gems of information that will help fellow collectors. 

Lets hope I keep up with this.  Wish me luck!

Maria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home